Life is about evolving, understanding ourselves better, our symptoms, behaviours, feelings and thoughts. Counselling is a proactive approach that can help improve your overall well-being. I have 9 years of experience working in the field of mental health. I help clients gain insight into their problems while offering a unique and non-biased perspective. I draw from various evidence-based techniques to tailor my approach to the distinct needs and goals of my clients.
I have a genuine interest in helping you work through your challenges and increase your life satisfaction.
I work with clients experiencing:
- Relationship challenges
- Life Transitions
- Anger management
What is your mental health philosophy?
My therapeutic approach is grounded in empathy and authenticity. My lived experiences inspired me to become a counsellor. My passion is to help others, as others have helped me along the way. I created and facilitated a program “Understanding Your Anger”. If you struggle with anger and irritability, together, we will explore and identify the primary emotions that trigger your anger, the deeper meaning behind this normal human emotion and develop a personalized treatment plan.
Working With Me:
- Empathy and understanding: I hear you, I believe you, I support you and I believe in the power of you!
- Safety and Cultural competency: I will create a safe space for you to share your thoughts, feelings and experiences without any judgement or criticism.
- Flexibility: we will work collaboratively towards your goals for treatment and adapt to your changing needs. I will provide a balance between supporting and empowering you while promoting self-growth and development.
Education and Credentials:
Master of Arts in Counselling Psychology- Yorkville University
- College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario / 12013
- Ontario Society of Registered Psychotherapists / 57864828
Outside the office:
To find balance in my life, I use the Indigenous Medicine Wheel to create a self-care plan that incorporates the interconnectedness of all aspects of life: Spiritual, Mental, Emotional and Physical. For myself, that looks like spending time in nature, connecting with loved ones, walking, oil painting, listening to music, travelling, making new connections, trying out new recipes, meditating, etc.