As a compassionate and curious person, working in a helping profession has always been the sort of vocation I aspired to. The therapy relationship is one that is so unique and my genuine interest in people and their stories was what drew me to this field. I appreciate the opportunity to really get to know clients in this setting and understand them from a historical perspective. Learning about both positive and negative experiences over their lifetime helps me to understand who they are and what informed some of the challenges they may be experiencing today.
- One of the most satisfying aspects of my role is the opportunity to walk along side clients who have a real commitment to change. They want to leave counselling better then they came in. What this looks like is as individual as every client I see but what remains consistent is my privilege to hold space for them to explore what possibilities are out there and have it realized with them. When a client works with me, they can expect a genuine relationship. I am sincerely supporting them through every stage of their healing and goal attaining journey. I am honored for the position of trust and support offered to me in this collaborative work together.
- “Your present circumstances don’t determine where you go; they merely determine where you start.” – Nido Qubein
- I use a dynamic and personalized approach to therapy including cognitive Behaviour therapy, didactical behavior therapy, motivational interviewing, mindfulness, meditation, somatic and client focused. It is important for me to share with clients the tools in my toolbox that can better equip them to manage their challenging circumstances and flourish despite difficulties. I utilize psychoeducation so clients can understand both the why’s and how’s of therapy. It is important for me that my clients are well equipped to increase their strategies and in turn their confidence. Most importantly is my desire for clients to be well understood.
- Bachelor of Arts - The University Of Guelph
- Masters of Counselling Psychology - Yorkville University
- Training and certification
- International Institute of Organisational Psychological Medicine / Spiritually augmented cognitive behaviour therapy
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy
- Life Coaching
- EMDR Training
- Trauma Treatment Certification
Working with me
I love to laugh with clients. I like to think therapy, while at times, very challenging, can also feel good.
In my work with clients internationally I have observed how very similar we all are in so many ways. From China to Columbia, I have supported clients through very human situations. I believe the things that make us unique are so often our biggest strengths.
There are so many right ways to show up and do life. I love to help clients feel at home in themselves and celebrate authenticity.
Outside of the office
I enjoy hosting parties for my friends and family and hiking in new areas. I prefer books over shows, tea over coffee and vanilla over chocolate. I have significant travel anxiety and need to use all the tools in my toolbox to get to my destination, but I am always so glad I did. Closer to home I enjoy finding a weekend adventure with my partner and our children; wherever we end up it usually involves ice cream!